Buff and Polish Your Car Too a New Shine
Have you been looking for a buff and polish to restore that shine on your car ? Have you been searching for that elusive paint correction detailer who just knows how to restore car paint and keep it looking that way ? Visit car-detailing-sydney.com to learn more. Well, there are many car detailers around but not many that are familiar with paint correction or how to do what was once known as a cut and polish or buff and polish. Things are much more complicated than that now in terms of restoring damaged paint work from damage. Everyone wishes that their car would always look as great as it did when they first bought it. However, the truth is that after a while the car is exposed to a variety of elements that degrade the quality of its exterior.
Among such elements are swirls, physical scratches, chemical etching and oxidation. Over time, these elements wash away the quality of your car’s paint. Many people like to do a wholesome respraying of their car to restore the appearance, which is often expensive and time consuming. But you don’t have to go all that way with your car. Paint correction or a buff and polish is an easier, more affordable option for your car and you can get it from Dr Buff Car Care in Sydney who also provides professional car paint protection services in Sydney as well
Paint correction can be described as the the process of removing swirl marks that have developed over time and restoring the paint finish to the original state, or, more often, to a state better than the original. Paint defects vary from UV damage to simple scratches that dent the finish of the car.
How to tell when your car needs paint correction or a Buff and Polish
This may sound a bit unusual, but a car will need paint correction even immediately after coming out of the showroom. This is because car dealers often do some cheap car detailing on a brand new vehicle in order to make it look good for the showroom. Such quick work is meant to create an illusive gloss under the lighting of the showroom, but it in turn degrades the original paint work from the factory. That is why sometimes your car’s exterior might start to look worn out shortly after you buy the car. Therefore, sometimes it is advisable that you do a paint correction for your car immediately after buying. You might also nee to get some paint correction for your car after a while. Depending on how you use the car, paint correction comes in handy from time to time. If you drive off-road or under harsh conditions, then you will need it sooner that someone who just drives around the city.
Paint correction or buff and polish may also be inevitable in cases where you encounter an accident and there is a physical dent on your car’s exterior.
The process of paint correction or Buff and Polish
1) Decontamination: This involves rigorous washing of the car with citrus soap, oily based solvents and wash mitt to get rid of any material and substances that might be a barrier to the correction process. Dr Buff Detailers can help in anything correction
2) Pre-assessment and masking- This process involves critical examination of the vehicle to determine the extent of the damage after which the car is masked to protect it from any further damage during the correction process.
3) Re-leveling – This phase is meant to removing scratches from paintwork by wet sanding, such that the smooth surface of the car’s finish is retained to about 85% of the original. This helps to remove the defects caused by swirls , scratches and UV damage.
4) Refinement- This process helps to remove the finer defects, and those defects caused by the intensive first step. The work done here depends on the intensity of the first process as well as other factors such as the thickness of the external coat.
5) Jeweling and finessing- This process involves the use of fine polish with micro-abrasive nano particles to achieve an ultra- clear and smooth finish.
6) Surface cleansing and protection- Surface cleansing is the process of removing all solvent oils used during paint correction and applying hydrophobic coatings to the exterior to protect it from damage by oxidation, hydration and most chemical agents.
Benefits of paint correction or Buff and Polish over spray painting
· Paint correction is far much cheaper that doing a whole respraying which will cost you a lot of money. The results achieved by pain correction are just as good.
· The time spent on paint correction is also much less compared to respraying. Essentially, correction can be 12-15 hour job.
· Furthermore, correction is safer for the longevity of your car because it does very little harm to your car’s exterior in the long term.
· Paint correction also allows for further detailing without doing an entire makeover.
· Restoring you car’s looks to showroom standards might seem like an ordeal sometimes. But when you think about paint correction and detailing, it is really very easy. Not only is it friendly to your pocket and your schedule, but it can produce a better effect than the original showroom look when you try a good buff and polish